Your San Diego home should be a lot of things, but it should certainly give you peace of mind. And at Affordable Roofing San Diego, we know that a problem with your roof can make it hard to rest easy at night. Our dedication to excellence in every project and in customer service is why we've grown into San Diego, CA's #1 residential roof replacement company. What helped us get there? Simple:
- A dedication to making sure that our San Diego customers are fully informed about roofing related issues. We want you to have all the knowledge you need about caring for your roof and about what we'll be doing to correct problems or replace your existing roof.
- Assistance with the process of selecting the right roofing materials and the right roofs. We know that you're not an expert on roofing, but we are. We sit down with you and review your goals and desires, then show you the roofing solutions that work best for you.
- Honesty and integrity. We believe in being upfront with you about your roof replacement in San Diego, CA. We start with a full inspection of the roof and then provide you with as accurate an estimate of costs as we can. That way you have a solid idea about what to expect.
- We use the latest tools, technologies, and products to ensure that your roof is everything it should be and that you get the most value from it.
But those are just the key reasons that we've become the most preferred roofing contractor in California. Going even further is important, and we believe that you need to know what to look for in a roofing contractor before you turn over your home to them.
Selecting Your San Diego Roofing Contractor
Your roof is a major investment. If it fails, your entire home could be ruined in the process. And there are plenty of charlatans out there – according to the Wall Street Journal, more than 1.1 million lawsuits or complaints were filed against contractors last year alone. That's why paying close attention to it is so important. Luckily, there are a few key points to look at. If you'll keep the following in mind, you should be able to rest easy knowing that you've picked a roofing contractor who will do the job the right way and leave you with a roof that you'll love and that will last you for decades.
- Financial Stability And Character Letter – A signed document from a bank can tell you a lot about a company. Ask them to show you this letter and ensure that they do. This makes certain that you're dealing with someone who is reputable and financially stound.
- Fully Insured – Let's get this out of the way now: self-insured doesn't equal fully insured. Your roofing contractor should carry general liability insurance coverage of at least $500,000. However, $1,000,000 is a much better number to look for. The reason is simple – this insurance covers potential damages in the event that something goes wrong during construction – a dropped board breaking a window, for example. These accidents are incredibly rare when dealing with a professional anyway, but making sure insurance is present is an absolute must.
- Lien Waiver – You want to get a lien waiver letter up front before a job begins. This is a key element in consumer protection, and if the company you're talking to won't give you the letter up front, you need to look elsewhere.
- References – Ask your San Diego roofer for a list of references. These lists generally include customers from the last 5 years and also the most recent customers from weeks or months ago. A good roofer should be able to provide you with a full list of references.
- Payment – Good roofing contractors don't demand upfront cash before they start a job. In some cases such as if you have severely negative credit or if you are looking to install non-returnable custom roofing materials, you may need to make a down payment. But for a basic roof, never go with a company that asks you to pay them ahead of the work.
- Trade Association Certification – The National Roofing Contractor Association and the Roofing Contractors Association of California are two examples of trade organizations that certify roofers. If your roofer lacks this certification, keep looking until you find one that has it.
- Certified Installers – You want to look beyond an owner holding certification for installation. Each member of the team doing your roofing work in San Diego, CA should hold a certification. Otherwise, you never know what kind of results you'll be getting.
- Compliance To Installation Guidelines – It is also possible to get a kind of certification related to the exact type of product being installed. If your contractor lacks this, keep looking.
- Reviews – When in doubt, check online. Online review sites allow visitors to post reviews related to their contractors. You'll find out a lot about what others have experienced in this way.
Simply put, you need to make sure that you are using the best roofing contractor in San Diego, CA. And the fact is that our company meets all of the above and more. If you're in need of verification, feel free to check out our online reviews, testimonials, and resume. And we're always ready to answer your questions and concerns to ease your mind. If your roof needs to be replaced, our San Diego team is ready to help make it happen. Contact us today to learn more about what sets Affordable Roofing San Diego apart from the competition and why you can trust us with your project.